Made in Mediterranean style this white bean salad needs only a few ingredients that are very easily available almost everywhere. This refreshing vegetarian salad is perfect for picnics and barbecues.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
During winters I was regularly making one of our favorite Greek bean soups -Fasolada. So I had some dried white beans left in my kitchen which I wanted to finish off but with a different recipe - something more suitable for the current hotter days.
While thinking of what to make with it, I remembered a very tasty white bean salad which I have eaten a lot in Dubai. The salad is Mediterranean style white bean salad.
Mediterranean cuisine is one of our favorite cuisines. The main reason is its refreshing flavors. Another thing which I love about this cuisine is that almost every dish is very easy to make yet taste delicious.
There are a lot of similarities in the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines mainly because of a lot of common ingredients used in them. That's the reason you will find this salad in the Mediterranean as well as the Middle Eastern buffet spreads.
It's a perfect dish for picnics and barbeques which everyone loves.
What type of beans to use
There are different types of white beans available in the market but Cannellini beans are the best option for this salad.
I prefer cooking dried beans at home but if you want you can use canned beans too. Just wash the canned beans nicely before adding to the salad in order to maintain the freshness of the salad.
If you are cooking the beans at home, just make sure not to overcook otherwise they will become too mushy.
More easy vegan and vegetarian salad recipes
Looking for more easy salad ideas from around the world? Don't miss to try the following recipes on my blog:
- Kachumber Salad
- Middle Eastern Bean Salad- Balela
- French Carrot Salad
- Beet Salad with Feta
- Greek watermelon salad
- Easy black eyed pea salad
- Greek black eyed pea salad
White Bean Salad
- 2.5 cups cooked/ canned white beans
- 1 cup feta cheese cubes
- 1 medium-sized tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced olives both black and green are fine
Ingredients for the salad dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice adjust as per taste
- 3 cloves of garlic grated
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing and keep aside.
- In a large all the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing, toss well. Check and adjust the seasoning. Enjoy!
- There are different types of white beans available in the market but Cannellini beans are the best option for this salad.
- Both fresh and canned beans can be used in this salad. If cooking at home, make sure not to overcook the beans otherwise the salad will turn mushy.