Quinoa fruit salad is a very easy, tasty, and healthy summer salad perfect for picnics and potlucks. Loaded with cherries, apples, pears, pomegranate, and nuts you will want to make this incredible salad again and again.
A large bowl of vibrant salad is my favorite thing to make especially during summers. It's also the best way to eat fresh in-season produce.
Today's recipe-Quinoa summer salad with fruits and nuts is one of my favorite ways of eating seasonal fruits.
I am not very fond of cooking fruits and prefer eating them raw. I feel that after cooking they lose their refreshing taste, crunch, and nutritional value too. That's the reason why on my blog you will find very limited recipes in which I have cooked fruits.
If you also love fruits and prefer eating them in the uncooked form then you will love this summer fruit salad which is loaded with them.
Also, you don't necessarily need to use the same fruits which I have used. Any fruit that's available can be added to it. I also don't add the same fruits every time and love adding other fruits like mango, strawberries, pineapple, banana, grapes, etc.
Juicy crunchy fruits, chewy quinoa, toasted nuts, refreshing mint leaves, tangy lime juice, sweet honey/ maple syrup, and a kick of dijon mustard - a combination of all these different flavors and textures make this salad so irresistible.
This light and healthy salad is perfect for every summer event- be it a backyard barbeque, a picnic, or just a simple lunch at home with the whole family.
Tips & Tricks
- Keep this salad in the fridge for about an hour before serving so that quinoa soaks all the juices and flavors.
- Consume the quinoa fruit salad on the same day otherwise, fruits will lose their crunch and start tasting stale.
- Use any fruit that's available in the season.
- Any type of quinoa can be used in this salad. If you are cooking quinoa for the first time, don't miss to check my tips on how to cook perfect quinoa.
- If pine nuts are not available, use toasted walnuts, almonds, or any other nut of your choice. Even seeds like pumpkin seeds, chia seeds can be used.
- Don't skip adding the salt. It will not only balance the sweetness of fruits and honey but will also bring out the flavors of fruits.
How to make quinoa fruit salad
- Put quinoa in a large strainer and wash it under running water.
- In a pan, add quinoa and water and cook covered until the water gets evaporated. Cover the pan and let it remain untouched for at least 5 minutes. After that fluff with a fork.
- Toast pine nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a bowl.
- Put cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add fruits, mint leaves, and pine nuts. Pour dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
More vegan and vegetarian summer salad recipes
Looking for more easy refreshing salad recipes for this season? Do try the following summer salad recipes from around the world:
- Fattoush (Middle East)
- Kachumber Salad (India)
- Cabbage Salad (Thailand)
- Tabbouleh (Middle East)
- Watermelon salad (Greece)
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Quinoa fruit salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped apples any variety
- 1 cup chopped pears
- 1/2 cup cherries pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- A handful of fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
Ingredients for salad dressing
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey/ maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put quinoa in a large strainer and wash under running water for 1-2 minutes.
- In a pan put quinoa and 1/2 cup water. Cook uncovered till the water gets evaporated. Put on the lid, switch off the gas, and let it remain untouched for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Slightly toast the pine nuts in a pan and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of dressing in a bowl and keep it aside too.
- Put the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add all the fruits, mint leaves, and toasted pine nuts. Pour the dressing and toss well. Put in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes and enjoy!