Pan fried banana is a very easy and tasty recipe that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready within 10 minutes. When served with a dessert or breakfast, it makes everything taste yummier. You can also enjoy it as a snack.
As I mentioned in some other posts too, I am not a big fan of cooked fruits. I prefer them raw and fresh. However, there is one exception to that – banana.
I love cooked banana more than eating it raw. One reason could be that it’s not a juicy fruit so doesn’t lose its freshness on getting cooked. The other reason is that it tastes sweeter when cooked.
That’s the reason in most of the recipes where I have cooked fruit are banana desserts.
Today I am sharing a very simple pan-fried banana that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready in under 15 minutes.
And, it’s so easy to make that even kids can make it.
You can enjoy these fried bananas a quick sweet snack or just serve with other desserts and breakfast dishes to make them tastier.
Some of my favorite ways of enjoying pan fried bananas are with:
- Ice cream
- Plain yogurt
- Whipped cream
- French toast
- Chia pudding
Tips and Tricks
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish. If you use an overripe banana, it will turn mushy.
- Vegans may replace butter with refined coconut oil, vegan butter, or a neutral-flavored oil.
- Instead of white sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or honey can be used too.
- Nutmeg powder can also be added to this banana dessert.
- Fry the bananas on low flame otherwise the butter will get burnt and the caramel will turn very hard too.
- Flip the banana slices after 3-4 minutes only and handle gently.
More easy banana dessert recipes
If you love banana desserts too then don’t miss trying the following recipes from my blog:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make pan-fried banana?
Pan fried banana
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp sugar you can replace sugar with honey
- Peel and cut bananas into around 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat a pan and add butter. Once the butter starts melting, add sugar. Stir for a few seconds and then add cinnamon. Stir for a few more seconds.
- Place banana slices on top of cinnamon butter and cook for around 4-5 minutes or until the bottom side gets caramelised.
- Flip them over and let the other side get caramelised too.
- Serve warm with ice cream, yogurt, pancakes or oats.
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish otherwise it will turn mushy.
- Handle the bananas gently while cooking.