Pan fried banana is a very easy and tasty recipe that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready within 10 minutes. When served with a dessert or breakfast, it makes everything taste yummier. You can also enjoy it as a snack.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
As I mentioned in some other posts too, I am not a big fan of cooked fruits. I prefer them raw and fresh. However, there is one exception to that - banana.
I love cooked banana more than eating it raw. One reason could be that it's not a juicy fruit so doesn't lose its freshness on getting cooked. The other reason is that it tastes sweeter when cooked.
That's the reason in most of the recipes where I have cooked fruit are banana desserts.
Today I am sharing a very simple pan-fried banana that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready in under 15 minutes.
And, it's so easy to make that even kids can make it.
You can enjoy these fried bananas a quick sweet snack or just serve with other desserts and breakfast dishes to make them tastier.
Some of my favorite ways of enjoying pan fried bananas are with:
- Ice cream
- Plain yogurt
- Whipped cream
- French toast
- Chia pudding
Tips and Tricks
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish. If you use an overripe banana, it will turn mushy.
- Vegans may replace butter with refined coconut oil, vegan butter, or a neutral-flavored oil.
- Instead of white sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or honey can be used too.
- Nutmeg powder can also be added to this banana dessert.
- Fry the bananas on low flame otherwise the butter will get burnt and the caramel will turn very hard too.
- Flip the banana slices after 3-4 minutes only and handle gently.
More easy banana dessert recipes
If you love banana desserts too then don't miss trying the following recipes from my blog:
- Chocolate banana spring rolls
- Double chocolate banana bread
- Vegan banana muffins
- Vegan banana bread energy balls
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Pan fried banana
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp sugar you can replace sugar with honey
- Peel and cut bananas into around 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat a pan and add butter. Once the butter starts melting, add sugar. Stir for a few seconds and then add cinnamon. Stir for a few more seconds.
- Place banana slices on top of cinnamon butter and cook for around 4-5 minutes or until the bottom side gets caramelised.
- Flip them over and let the other side get caramelised too.
- Serve warm with ice cream, yogurt, pancakes or oats.
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish otherwise it will turn mushy.
- Handle the bananas gently while cooking.