Chocolate Banana spring roll also known as Pisang Cokelat or Piscok is a delicious dessert from Indonesia. It just needs 4 ingredients and gets ready within 20 minutes. The taste of warm-sweet banana and melted chocolate inside crispy rolls tastes divine.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Though not a big fan of sweets, I love desserts from East and South-East Asian countries. The main reason is that they are not overloaded with sugar.
Today, I am sharing a very easy dessert recipe from South East Asia called Pisang Cokelat.
What is Pisang Cokelat?
Pisang Cokelat also known as Piscok is a dessert from Indonesia. It's basically a spring roll filled with chocolate and ripe banana.
The simple combination of crunchy rolls with melted warm chocolate and sweet bananas is divine. Even if you don't love sweets, you must try this recipe at least once. It's delicious.
The best thing about this chocolate banana spring roll is that it needs only 4 ingredients (including oil) and gets ready within 20 minutes.
Tips & Tricks to make Banana spring rolls
- Saba bananas are best for this recipe but if you don't have that use any ripe and sweet variety of bananas is fine. If you are using a large variety of bananas just cut them so that they can fit in the spring roll sheets.
- If you are a vegan make sure that your chocolate and spring roll sheets are vegan.
- You can skip the chocolate and make it with just banana sprinkled with some palm sugar.
- For a healthier version of these banana spring rolls, you can also bake or air fry them.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can also use grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles.
- To make these sweet spring rolls yummier, drizzle some chocolate sauce on them after frying.
- Serve them with some chocolate sauce on the side. Dip the spring roll in it and enjoy!
More easy vegan Asian dessert recipes
As already mentioned I love desserts from East and South East Asia. If you do too and are looking for some easy Asian dessert recipe ideas then don't miss to check the following links:
More easy vegan banana recipes
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Chocolate banana spring rolls
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 spring roll sheets use rice sheets for gluten-free version
- 1 cup chocolate chips use dairy-free chocolate chips if vegan
- Oil for deep frying
- Water to seal the spring rolls
- Peel and vertically cut the bananas into two equal pieces. Cut each vertical piece horizontally from the center to make 4 equal-sized pieces of each banana.
- Spread one spring roll sheet on a flat surface. Put a piece of banana on one side of the sheet. Top it with some chocolate chips.
- Fold both the horizontal sides of the sheet inwards. Start rolling the sheet vertically till the end and tuck everything inside the roll. Apply water at the ends to seal the roll. Similarly, make all the other spring rolls.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan and deep fry the spring rolls until they turn golden brown from both sides.
- Take out on a paper kitchen towel to get rid of the excess oil. Drizzle some chocolate sauce and enjoy!
- For a healthier version air fry or bake the spring rolls.
- You can also skip the chocolate and make it with just banana and palm sugar.
- If vegan, make sure your chocolate and spring roll sheets are vegan.
- Use rice sheets to make gluten-free spring rolls.