Vegan mango sago is a delicious dessert popular in many South East Asian countries. Made with ripe mangoes, coconut milk, and tapioca pearls, this super easy recipe is a must try.
A few days back, I shared the recipe of Thai mango sticky rice and now I am back with another Asian dessert recipe made with mangoes.
I love mangoes and want to try as many mango recipes as I can before the mango season ends. So please don’t complain if you find too many mango recipes on my blog during summers.
Unlike Thai mango sticky rice, which I didn’t like initially but now love, Vegan mango sago is something I love from the very first time I tasted it.
I love mangoes, I love sago and I love coconut milk so there was no reason for me to not love Vegan mango sago dessert made with these ingredients.
It’s a very simple and easy to make dessert recipe, which doesn’t need any advance preparation. Perfect for sudden sweet cravings.
With just four simple ingredients available in almost every kitchen, and without putting many efforts, you can create a delicious and refreshing dessert which is very popular in almost every South East Asian country.
Though each country may have slight variation in it’s version – like some use dairy milk others use coconut milk. Some even add jellies to it, they all taste amazing.
The recipe which I am sharing today is the simplest one (which doesn’t make it less delicious) and since it’s vegan, everyone can enjoy it.
Looking for more sago recipes? Please check the links below:
If you try any of my recipes and like it then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Mango Sago?
Vegan mango sago dessert
- 1 ripe mango
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 8 tbsp tapioca pearls
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 cups water
- In a pan mix, coconut milk and sugar. Heat till sugar gets dissolved. Let the mixture reach room temperature and then put in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, peel and chop the mango and keep aside.
- Now, add water and tapioca pearls to a pan and cook for around 15-20 minutes or till the pearls become translucent.
- When the tapioca pearls are cooked, strain the water. Add the pearls and mango pieces to cold coconut milk. Mix well and pour the mixture into serving bowls. Keep the bowls in fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with some chopped mango pieces and enjoy!
Vegan mango sago dessert is a delicious Asian dessert made with ripe mangoes, coconut milk and tapioca pearls. This super easy dessert recipe is a must try.