Creamy vegetable soup with noodles- a comforting vegetarian soup perfect for cold evenings. Loaded with vegetables, this hearty soup gets ready in just 35 minutes and tastes delicious.
I love soups and noodle soups are my favorite. I make them in a lot of different ways, some spicy, some light and comforting, and some creamy and filling like today's - creamy vegetable noodle soup. You can also call it cream of vegetable soup with noodles.
This soup is loaded with a lot of vegetables and is gently flavored with a few basic herbs and spices.
It can be served as a soup and can also be enjoyed as a hot, satisfying meal on a cold night. It's delicious.
What goes in creamy vegetable soup with noodles?
To make this hearty vegetable noodle soup, you will be needing the ingredients shown below:
- Vegetables: I have used broccoli, green peas, bell pepper, carrots, sweet corn, French beans, onion, and celery. You can also add mushrooms, cauliflower, or any other vegetable of your choice.
- Milk: I have used regular dairy milk. You can also use plant-based milk if you want.
- Seasoning: To flavor the soup, I have only added dried thyme, red chili flakes, and ground black pepper. Feel free to use whichever herb or spice you like.
- Noodles: You can use any noodles or pasta in this recipe.
- Cream: I have used cooking cream which makes this soup creamier and richer. You may also skip it.
How to make (step by step instructions)?
Step 1: Melt butter in a cooking pot.
Step 2: Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Step 3: Add chopped celery and carrots. Saute until they turn softer.
Step 4: Add chopped bell peppers and French beans.
Step 5: Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Step 6: Add all-purpose flour.
Step 7: Saute for 1-2 minutes or until the flour is no longer raw.
Step 8: Add 1 cup of vegetable stock to the pot. Mix until everything gets combined nicely and there is no lump of flour in the soup.
Step 9: Add the remaining stock.
Step 10: Add milk and mix. Let the soup simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Step 11: Add chopped broccoli, green peas, and sweet corn kernels.
Step 12: Add red chili flakes, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Step 13: Mix everything and cook for around 2 minutes.
Step 14: Add noodles or pasta.
Step 15: Cook for around 15 minutes or until the noodles get cooked.
Step 16: Add cooking cream. Mix and cook for about a minute and then switch off the stove.
Your delicious creamy vegetable noodle soup is ready to be enjoyed!
How to serve?
Serve this noodle soup warm or hot.
It can be served as a soup as well as enjoyed as a comforting meal. You can serve some toasted bread or cheesy garlic bread on the side.
If you leave this soup for a long time, the noodles will soak a lot of liquid. So, it's best to consume it within the same day.
Or, if you want to make it in advance, don't add noodles to the broth. Make the soup without noodles and cook the noodles separately. Mix them when you want to serve.
If stored separately, the broth will be fine for 2-3 days and cooked noodles will be fine for up to 5 days.
Recipe tips and tricks
- You can use any pasta or noodles of your choice to make this recipe. Change the time of cooking depending upon what you are using in the recipe.
- Make sure the flour is no longer raw before adding the stock and don't add all the stock in one go. Start with one cup of stock, mix and when it gets nicely mixed with the flour, add the remaining stock.
- For a gluten-free version of this recipe, use gluten-free pasta and replace all-purpose flour with rice flour.
- Cheese lovers may add shredded melting cheese to the soup in the end.
Vegan note: For a vegan version of this vegetable noodle soup, use coconut milk instead of regular milk and use margarin or olive oil instead of butter. Also, either skip cream or use coconut cream.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, it can be used. However, it will slightly change the color and taste of the soup.
Yes, frozen vegetables can also be used in this recipe.
Other vegetarian soup recipes from around the world
If you love soup and want to try different vegetarian soup recipes from around the world then, don't miss checking the following links:
- Vegetable manchow soup
- Simple vegetarian potato soup
- Cannelini bean soup
- Red cabbage soup
- Tofu noodle soup
- Trinidad corn soup
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Vegetable noodle soup (creamy)
- 1 Large cooking pot
- 2 Medium-sized carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- ½ of a medium-sized white or yellow onion finely chopped (around a cup)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped French beans
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper or any bell pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes adjust to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup cooking cream
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 200 grams uncooked noodles or pasta of choice
- Melt butter in a cooking pot.
- Add chopped garlic and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped celery and carrots. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until they turn slightly softer.
- Next, add chopped bell pepper and French beans. Saute for around 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add all purpose flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the raw smell of flour goes away, add around 1 cup of vegetable stock and mix until everything gets combined and no flour lump is left in the soup.
- Add remaining stock and milk. Mix and let the soup simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green peas, sweet corn kernels, broccoli, red chili flakes, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix everything and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Next, add noodles and cook for around 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Finally, add cream. Mix and switch off the stove.
- You can use any pasta or noodles in this recipe.
- Feel free to use vegetables of your choice.
- Change the time of cooking depending upon the type of pasta or noodle you are using.
- To make this soup cheesy, you may add shredded cheddar or any other melting cheese of your choice.
- More easy recipe tips and tricks are given within the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.