Vegan Thai Curry Noodles is a very flavorful noodle recipe that impresses every foodie without fail. Try it at least once and it will become a family favorite. This delightful Vegan Asian dish gets ready in 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love noodles. There is hardly any noodle dish which I don't like. But, if I have to pick my favorite noodle dish then it will be today's dish- Vegan Thai curry noodles.
I have served this dish to family and friends on many occasions and there is not a single person who didn't love it. And, though it's vegan even my carnivore friends are crazy about this vegan Asian noodles
It's a medley of flavors and textures.
Nobody believes that this dish gets ready within 30 minutes.
All you need to do is boil noodles of your choice. While the noodles are getting cooked bake tofu cubes, saute vegetables with Thai curry paste, add coconut milk, sauces. Finally, add noodles and tofu cubes. Garnish with roasted peanuts, chopped chili peppers, lime wedges, and coriander leaves.
Enjoy your delicious meatless dinner!
Type of Thai curry paste to use
I have used home-made Red Thai curry paste. It's very easy to make. However, if the ingredients used in my Red Thai curry paste are not easily available to you, you can also use store-bought curry paste.
If you are a vegan or vegetarian make sure that the curry paste you buy is vegan or vegetarian. Most of them will have fish sauce or shrimp in it but some brands have started selling vegan versions too.
Also, you don't necessarily need to use red curry paste. If you prefer the taste of green, yellow, or any other Thai curry paste, you can make this dish with it too.
Recipe tips & tricks
- I have used only broccoli, carrots, and tofu in this dish. You can also mushrooms, French beans, or any other vegetable of your choice.
- If you are making curry paste at home and don't want the noodles to be very spicy-remove the seeds of chili peppers.
- You don't necessarily need to use Red Thai curry paste, this dish can be made with any type of Thai curry paste.
- If you don't have Asian noodles at home, use normal spaghetti. However, for Asian recipes don't keep them al dente. The spaghetti should not be mushy but fully cooked.
Easy Vegan Thai recipes
I think I have already mentioned a thousand times on my blog that I love Thai food. If you do too then don't miss to check the following easy vegan Thai recipes on my blog:
- Thai red curry
- Thai green curry
- Stir-fried mushrooms-Thai style
- Cabbage salad
- Mango sticky rice
- Vegan Pad Thai
More easy noodle recipes
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Step by step photo instructions
Vegan Thai curry noodles
Ingredients for red curry paste
- 10-12 dried whole red chilies remove seeds to reduce heat
- 2-3 fresh Thai red chilies
- 1 medium sized red onion roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of galangal
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 Thai basil leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 6 cilantro root or use a handful of cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon white peppercorns
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients for the curry
- 2 cups firm tofu cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot juliennes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp red chili sauce or any other hot sauce of your choice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar/ palm sugar
- 1 cube veg bouillon
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 350 gms noodles use any variety of your choice
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 finely chopped Thai red chili
- Juice of 1 lime
- Soak the dried red chilies in water for at least 15 minutes. Remove the seeds of some chilies to reduce the heat.
- Sprinkle some salt on tofu cubes and bake at 200°C for around 15-20 minutes or until the cubes turn light brown from the outside but remain moist from the inside. You can also deep or shallow fry the tofu cubes.
- Cook noodles as per the instructions given on the packet. Strain, apply some oil and keep aside
- Strain the water of soaked red chilies and put in a grinder with all the other ingredients of curry paste. Add 1 tablespoon water and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry paste. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and vegetable bouillon cube. Break the cube with the help of a spatula and stir fry the vegetables for around 5 minutes.
- Next, add coconut milk, soy sauce, red chili sauce, and sugar. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add baked tofu cubes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the noodles. Mix everything till the sauce nicely coats every noodle strand. Switch off the gas.
- Squeeze in fresh lime juice. Garnish with roasted peanuts, chopped coriander leaves, chopped Thai chilies, and lime wedges.
- You can also make this recipe with yellow, green, or any other type of Thai curry paste.
- If you want to make the noodles less spicy, remove the seeds from the chili peppers.
Hold on!! let me get some chopsticks!!
This recipe with fresh curry paste tastes phenomenal. First try, we love it and verdict- will happen everyweek at our dinner!!
I liked the step-by-step description of making this thai curry noodles. Asian foods are our favorite and I will definitely try this flavorful noodles.
Thank you 🙂
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
Love to eat thai food at least once a month and these vegan Thai curry noodles are just so moreish!!
Thank you 🙂
Wow vegan thai curry noodles totally tempting there! Such a flavorful and delicious looking Thai noodles, My boys would go gaga for this! Thank you for the detailed recipe.
Thank you 🙂
Such a flavorful and delicious looking Thai noodles this is. Thank you so much for the detailed recipe. I think my family will love this.
Thank you 🙂
My kid's favorite noodles. This is packed with flavor, and no one will say no to this unless they hate noodles. Looks very tempting!
Thank you 🙂
Believe it or not had Thai curry noodles loaded with tofu today for lunch.. not homemade but ready made from a vegan restaurant. So delicious, and now have your recipe to follow and make it at home. Like the idea of adding other veggies too.
🙂 thanks for your comment Mayuri.
hem lata srivastava
Too good, this vegan thai curry noodles looking absolutely amazing. I can feel the crunch of peanut and broccoli. Don't like tofu so when I make this recipe can I use cottage cheese?.
Hi Hem lata. Thanks for your comment. Yes, you can use paneer too.
If you use store-bought red curry paste, how much do you use? It's just not clear from your recipe. If I had to guess from the pictures, I'd say ... maybe half a cup? Please advise!
Hi Debbie. If you are using store-bought paste 2-3 tablespoons should be enough.
Order Food Online
It looks delicious I loved it Thanks for sharing I will try it at home
Thank you 🙂
Bless my food by Payal
I love cooking noodles in one way or the other and this Thai curry noodles is the new entry in my to do list. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe.
Thank you 🙂