Ramen with vegetables is a quick, easy, and delicious one-pot noodle recipe that gets ready in just 25 minutes. Loaded with a lot of healthy vegetables, this slurpy instant vegetarian ramen recipe is a must-try.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy one-pot dinner recipe that gets ready within minutes and tastes delicious? At least a lazy cook like me definitely does.
And, if you are also like me – someone who loves cooking but doesn’t like spending hours in the kitchen making complicated recipes, then today’s recipe instant vegetarian ramen with vegetables is perfect for you.
This easy vegetable ramen gets ready within 25 minutes and tastes delicious.
To make instant ramen with vegetables, you need the following ingredients:
- Instant noodles: discard the seasoning
- Mushrooms: I have used button mushrooms. You can use any type of mushroom you prefer.
- Bell pepper: Any color
- Spring onion: Bok choy or spinach can be used too
- Chili pepper: I have used Thai red chili, use whichever hot chili pepper is available to you.
- Brown sugar: I prefer dark brown sugar and would recommend using it. You can also use light brown sugar, palm sugar, or normal white sugar
- Vegetarian oyster sauce: Vegetarian oyster sauce is made with oyster mushrooms. If you can find a vegan version it’s even better.
- Soy sauce: Use dark soy sauce in this recipe
- Sesame oil: It gives a nice nutty flavor to Asian dishes. Make sure not to add a lot of sesame oil to your recipe otherwise, the dish will start tasting bitter.
- Vegetable oil
How to make vegetarian ramen from scratch
Making this vegetarian ramen is very simple. It takes less than 25 minutes to get ready from start to finish. Just follow the following simple steps:
- Mince garlic, chop ginger, and spring onion, and cut medium-sized florets of broccoli. Thinly slice all the other vegetables and mushrooms. This is the only time taking step in this recipe. Once your vegetables are chopped, the remaining steps will get ready within a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and spring onion white. Saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Next, add mushrooms. Saute until it’s moisture gets evaporated.
- Add carrot, broccoli, bell pepper, and red chili pepper. Saute until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Add it to the pan. Saute with the vegetables for about a minute.
- Push the vegetables towards the corner with the help of a spatula and create space at the center. Pour vegetable stock at the center and let it simmer.
- Put the instant noodles on top of simmering stock and let it remain like that until it becomes soft from one side. You can cover the pan to fasten the process.
- Flip the noodles over and cook the other side until it turns soft too.
- Add spring onion green and mix everything.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and then enjoy!
How to make it spicy
The vegetable ramen recipe which I have shared here is not very spicy. But if you love hot & spicy vegetarian ramen and want to make that just add a few teaspoons of chili oil or any hot sauce of your choice.
You can add more chopped chili peppers to the dish for extra heat.
Another way of making spicy vegetable ramen is to use a pack of spicy instant noodles and adding it’s seasoning to the sauce mix.
How to make vegan ramen
Almost every ingredient used in this recipe is vegan. However, I could not make it vegan because I couldn’t find vegan oyster sauce in the market.
But you can easily find vegetarian oyster sauce which is made with oyster mushrooms. I use this brand of vegetarian oyster sauce and it’s very good.
Though all the ingredients mentioned in the sauce bottle are vegan, they have labeled it as vegetarian and not vegan. So, I am calling my vegetable ramen vegetarian not vegan.
If you want to create a vegan version of this dish, either try to find a vegan version of oyster sauce or replace it with any other Asian stir fry sauce of your choice.
You can create different delicious versions of this easy ramen recipe. I have used the vegetables that were available to me. You can also add cabbage, peas, tofu, bean sprouts, bok choy, and other varieties of mushrooms.
For a fancier dish, you can add some toppings to your ramen bowl. Some ramen topping suggestions are given below:
- Roasted peanuts
- Fried onion
- Fried garlic
- Chili flakes
- Bean sprouts
- Fried/ baked tofu
- Fried noodle strands
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onion
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fried/ boiled eggs if you are not vegan
Step by step photo instructions
More easy ramen or noodle recipes
Are you also a fan of Asian ramen or noodle recipe? If yes, then don’t miss to check the following links:
- Peanut butter noodles
- Easy chili garlic noodles
- Thai curry noodles
- Vegetable teriyaki noodles
- Vegan pad thai
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
Quick ramen with vegetables
- 5 packs instant noodles 75 gms each
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped spring onion keep white and green part separated
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms use any mushroom variety of your choice
- 1 cup roughly chopped broccoli
- 1 cup red bell pepper juliennes
- 1 cup carrot juliennes
- 1 red chili pepper finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock/ water
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian/ vegan oyster sauce You can also use any other Asian stir fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a large pan/ wok. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and white part of spring onion. Saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add mushroom and saute for a few minutes until it's moisture gets evaporated.
- Next, add carrot, broccoli, bell pepper, and red chili pepper. Saute on high heat for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sauce mix and saute for about a minute.
- With your spatula, push the vegetables towards the corner of the pan to create space at the center. Pour vegetable stock at the center and let it simmer.
- Put the Instant noodle on top of the vegetable stock and let it remain like that for around 2 minutes or until the noodles start getting soft. Then flip them over. Let the other side also get cooked for about 1-2 minutes. You can also cover the pan to fasten the process.
- Add the green part of spring onion and mix everything with a pair of tongs. Cook for another 2 minutes and then switch off the gas. Enjoy hot!
- Instead of mushroom oyster sauce any other Asian stir fry sauce can be used too.
- Feel free to use vegetables of your choice. Tofu and sprouts can be used too.