Vegan Lasagna Soup is a hearty plant based soup from Italy. It’s perfect for the days when you want to eat something comforting and delicious without spending hours in the kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you like to cook for dinner after a tiring bad day when nobody else is there to cook for you and you don’t want to order some unhealthy meal from outside?
Skipping the meal is not an option for me as I can’t live without food and it will worsen my day. Also, if I don’t eat my husband won’t eat too which I don’t want. I also don’t want my husband to enter the kitchen as if he does then I will have to wait for 2-3 hours to get the dinner ready 🙂 and the kitchen sink will be overloaded with utensils.
So the best option is to make a soothing, delicious easy to make, no fuss one-pot meal that can make you leave the bad day behind. I reserve some easy comforting recipes for my tough tiring days and today’s recipe-Vegan Lasagna soup is one of them.
This hearty vegan soup is all you need to lift up your mood.
Who doesn’t love Lasagna but you are not always in a mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This one-pot vegan meal will give you the pleasure of having lasagna without putting many efforts.
Earlier, I used to add Parmesan cheese to this soup but someone on Facebook shared with me that Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian as it has calf rennet in it. This was a shocking discovery for me and I am thankful to that lady for sharing it with me.
After reading her message, I took out the expensive Parmesan cheese packet which I have bought a few days earlier, and checked the ingredients. She was right, it had calf rennet in it. I immediately threw that brand new packet in the dustbin.
Now I don’t use Parmesan cheese and still couldn’t find vegan Parmesan in Dubai.
I am sure, the Parmesan cheese from India doesn’t have calf rennet in it so the next time I visit India, I will check and if it doesn’t have calf rennet, I will buy it in bulk to bring back to Dubai.
This recipe which I am sharing with you is a totally plant-based soup recipe. If you are not a vegan or you wish to add cheese you can but without cheese also it tastes amazing.
Step by step photo instructions
Vegan Lasagna Soup
- 5 sheets lasagna
- 1 cup boiled/ canned brown lentil
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach the quantity will reduce when spinach gets cooked
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes with basil I have used canned, you can use fresh also
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 ltr water/ as required to get the desired consistency
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and onions to it. Stir fry till the onions start turning brown.
- Add in the vegetable stock cube and tomato paste and fry for a minute.
- Next add in the mushrooms, cooked brown lentil, salt, and all the dry herbs and spices. Mix well and cook till mushroom moisture gets evaporated.
- Add chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and water. Let it simmer for around 3-4 minutes.
- Break lasagna sheets into two pieces each or whatever size you prefer and cook till lasagna is almost done.
- Next, add the spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and garnish with some Italian seasoning and chili flakes. Enjoy your bowl of comfort.