Coconut & Date Paniyram is a delicious, quick and easy vegan breakfast recipe. Perfect for busy mornings, it can also be enjoyed as an instant vegan snack.
Last month I posted a quick vegan breakfast recipe from India- Vegetable Paniyaram. Most of you loved it a lot and it became one of my most popular recipes on this blog. If you have missed that out, you can check it here.
In that post, I shared that I have a lot of Paniyaram recipes and promised to share all those with you. So, to keep that promise I am sharing another favorite of my family – Dates & coconut Paniyram. It’s a sweet version of Paniyram and is super delicious.
Just like vegetable Paniyaram, this is also very easy, quick and tasty. A perfect breakfast recipe for busy mornings.
Also, it’s not only an instant breakfast recipe but you can also serve it as an instant sweet snack. I love to have it with my evening tea. They can also be packed for healthy office snacking.
In this recipe, I have first filled a layer of batter in the Paniyaram molds then added some filling and finally covered the filling with another layer of batter.
However, if you don’t have time for that and want to make it even quicker, just mix the filling in the batter the way we added vegetables to the batter in vegetable Paniyaram, mix well and use that batter to make Paniyarams.
Last time a few of you asked how to make this dish if you couldn’t find a Paniyaram maker. You can use an aebleskiver pan if that’s more easily available in your market. I have checked on Amazon, both these pans are available there. I would highly recommend investing in any one of these if you want to make your mornings in the kitchen easy.
I will be sharing more related recipes soon. Till that time please let me know in the comments section, what do you prefer making for breakfast, on your busy mornings?
I love to hear back from you.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Dates & Coconut Paniyaram?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Making time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes around 14 Paniyarams
- Semolina: 1 cup
- Vegan/ dairy yogurt: ½ a cup
- Vegan/ dairy milk: ½ a cup
- Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: a pinch
- Green cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: ½ a teaspoon
- Grated coconut: 3 tablespoons
- Chopped dates: 4 tablespoons
- Chopped walnuts/ cashew nuts/ almonds: 2 tablespoons
- Oil: For greasing the molds.
- Combine semolina, sugar, salt, cardamom powder, baking soda, yogurt and milk in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside for around 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the grated coconut, chopped dates, and walnut.
- Heat a Paniyaram pan. Grease the molds and add a layer of batter in each mold.
- Top it up with around a teaspoon of filling.
- Cover the filling with some more batter and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the Paniyarams cook for around 2-3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Flip them over and again cover with the lid. Let the other side also cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the Paniyarams turn golden brown from both the sides, take them out on a plate.
- Drizzle some maple syrup or honey (optional) and enjoy your easy tasty vegan Indian breakfast.