Vegan avocado toast with sweet corn and pineapple is a very good breakfast option if you are looking for a nutritious, tasty and easy recipe to start your day. This quick breakfast gets ready within minutes and is loved by everyone.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For me, breakfast is the most important part of the day. Though I am not fussy about any other meal and can eat whatever is available, I cannot have a good day without a filling and delicious breakfast.
Also, I prefer to have a savory breakfast. Even as a kid I never liked having only bread-jam, sweet cereals or any other sweet breakfast. I always wanted something savory to finish off my breakfast. I don't know why but I feel sick if I don't eat something savory in the breakfast. That's the reason why you will find that most of the breakfast recipes on my blog are savory.
Thankfully in India, most of the breakfast dishes like stuffed paratha, idli-sambhar, dosa, upma, poha are not sweet. That may be a reason why I prefer a savory breakfast.
Today I am sharing a very easy breakfast recipe- vegan avocado toast with sweet corn and pineapple. It's full of flavors and textures. You can also enjoy it as a snack at any other time of the day.
Who doesn't love avocado toast? It's one of my favorite breakfasts. The best thing is that there are so many different ways to have it that you never get bored of it, especially if you love avocado.
Last year during our awesome Vietnam trip, on our way to the Phong Nha cave we stopped at a local vegan cafe for breakfast. There I ordered an avocado toast with a Pineapple drink. The breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed the combination of avocado and pineapple so much that I thought of using it in one of my recipes after going home. This avocado toast is a result of that idea.
If you also like avocado then don't miss to check my delicious vegetarian avocado and mung bean sandwich recipe.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Instead of pineapple, you can also add any other fruit of your choice like mango, strawberry, etc. However, if you use these fruits don't cook them like pineapple
- Add toasted nuts or seeds like pumpkin seeds, pinenuts, etc to add a crunch to your toast
- Use leftover Guacamole to make this recipe
- Instead of corn, you can also add cooked beans of your choice. A combination of corn and beans can be used too
- Add herbs of your choice like coriander or parsley to make it more flavorful
More easy vegan breakfast recipes
Do you also love having a delicious, filling breakfast every day? Don't miss to check the following vegan breakfast recipes on my blog:
- Bread Upma
- Vegan carrot cake oatmeal
- Besan Chilla
- Kale and potato sandwich
- Beetroot hummus and avocado sandwich
- Blueberry banana smoothie
More easy vegan corn recipes
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Vegan Avocado Toast with sweet corn and pineapple
- 5 slices bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Peel and mash the avocado in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic, chili, and lime juice.
- In a pan add pineapple cubes and saute till they start caramelizing. Take out on a plate and either mash or finely chop them.
- In the same pan add corn kernel, sprinkle a pinch of salt and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pineapple and corn to avocado and mix well. Check and adjust the seasoning.
- Toast the bread slices as per your liking and spread the avocado mix. Enjoy with your favorite breakfast drink.