Pumpkin Oatmeal- a warm, comforting breakfast recipe for cold mornings. Made with just 7 basic ingredients, this quick and easy breakfast recipe gets ready within 15 minutes.
Though I am a morning person, waking up early becomes a challenge even for me on chilly mornings when the blanket becomes too cozy to leave. Having something to look forward to in the morning makes it easier.
For me, the time that I get to spend alone with my diary and a glass of hot water or tea is one such thing that motivates me to wake up early.
The second thing is a tasty and comforting breakfast that could get ready within minutes.
Today’s recipe- Pumpkin oatmeal is one such easy and healthy breakfast recipe that I love having on a cold morning.
It gets ready within 15 minutes and needs only 7 basic ingredients.
Ingredients required to make Pumpkin Oatmeal
This simple pumpkin oatmeal recipe needs only 7 ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Pumpkin puree: Home-made/ canned
- Milk: Dairy/ Plant-based
- Pumpkin spice
- Maple syrup/ honey/ brown sugar/ any other sweetener
- Salt: Helps in balancing all the flavors
- Chopped nuts and dried fruits
Type of oats to be used
Use whichever variety you prefer or is available to you. However, the amount of time required to make the recipe and the quantity of milk will change with the type of oats you are using.
I have used rolled oats as I love their chewiness. Also, because they get cooked quickly but unlike quick oats, they retain their shape and don’t turn mushy very quickly.
How to make it in a microwave?
If you want to make Pumpkin oatmeal in a microwave, just put oats and milk in a microwave-proof dish and Cook for about a minute.
Add all the remaining ingredients, mix, and cook in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes or until the oats are cooked.
Make you delicious pumpkin oatmeal even tastier with one or more toppings mentioned below:
- Caramelized sugar-cinnamon pumpkin cubes
- Chopped nuts and dried fruits
- Fresh fruits or berries
- Chocolate chips/ grated chocolate
- Peanut butter/ any other nut butter
- Maple syrup/ honey
- Pumpkin spice/ cinnamon powder
Here, I have garnished the oatmeal with golden raisins, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon to maintain the beautiful golden color of my breakfast bowl.
More quick and easy breakfast recipes
If you also are also looking for some tasty and healthy breakfast recipes that could motivate you to start your day early then don’t miss to check the following recipes:
- Besan chilla
- Dates paniyaram
- Avocado toast with corn and pineapple
- Bread upma
- Vegan carrot cake oatmeal
- Easy homemade granola
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Pumpkin Oatmeal?
Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk any other milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree canned/ home-made
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or any other sweetener
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts/ dried fruits I have used walnuts and golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put the oats and milk in a pot and cook on a medium flame until the milk starts simmering.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, cover the pot and cook for around 4-5 minutes on medium flame or until the oats get cooked without turning mushy.
- Serve hot garnished with nuts, a pinch of cinnamon/ pumpkin spice, and maple syrup.
- Adjust the amount of milk depending upon what consistency of oatmeal you prefer.
- The amount of sugar can also be adjusted depending upon your sweetness preference.
- Other sweeteners like honey, brown sugar, coconut sugar, or normal white sugar can be used too.