Garlic butter mushroom is a quick vegetarian side dish that is so good that it will overshadow your main course dishes. Made with only a few basic ingredients this quick mushroom recipe gets ready in just 20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mushroom is one of my favorite things to eats and though I enjoy it in any cooked form today's recipe- Garlic butter mushroom is my favorite way of eating it.
If you are a mushroom lover too then you cannot miss this quick and easy vegetarian mushroom recipe. It's made with just 9 basic ingredients, gets ready in just 20 minutes, and tastes super delicious.
Everyone to whom I served this dish asked for the recipe. And, they all were surprised to know that it's so simple to make it.
These baked garlic mushrooms can be served as an appetizer as well as a side dish. You can also stuff a few pieces of baked garlic mushroom in your wraps. They make everything taste better.
To make this roasted mushrooms recipe you will need only the following 10 ingredients:
- White button mushrooms: Though button mushrooms are the best for this recipe, you can also make it with any other variety of mushrooms. Just adjust the baking time depending upon their size.
- Fresh cilantro: Other herbs like parsley can be used too.
- Lemon juice
- Unsalted butter: Salted butter can be used too but then add salt carefully and only if required.
- Olive oil: Vegan can make this dish by skipping the butter and using only olive oil.
- Minced garlic
- Chili flakes
- Dried thyme: More seasonings like dried basil, chives, or mixed Italian herbs can also be used.
- Ground black pepper
How to make garlic butter mushroom?
This is one of the easiest mushroom recipes that you will find. To make them, just follow the steps given below:
- Clean the mushrooms and put them in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, chili flakes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and chopped cilantro. Toss well.
- Grease a baking tray and spread the mushrooms on it. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the mushrooms, allow them to reach room temperature. Squeeze some more lemon juice and cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe tips & tricks
- For a cleaner and even look, chop the mushroom stalk.
- The time of baking mushrooms may vary depending upon their size. So if they are small, bake for a lesser time.
- You can also slice the mushrooms before baking if you don't like to eat the whole mushrooms.
- This dish can also be made with canned mushrooms. Just make sure to drain all the liquid by leaving the mushrooms in a strainer for a few minutes.
- Feel free to add the herbs (fresh or dried) of your choice.
- You can also add around ½ a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the mushrooms. Soy sauce and mushroom oyster sauce can be added too.
- The liquid that gets released during baking is delicious so don't discard it. Pour it on mushrooms before serving.
- Spread aluminum foil on the baking tray for easy cleaning.
More easy mushroom recipes
If you also love mushrooms and looking for some quick and easy mushroom recipes then don't miss to check my following recipes:
- Mushroom rice
- Easy mushroom noodles
- Pepper mushrooms
- Matar mushroom
- Vegan mushroom soup
- Mushroom masala
- Enoki mushroom salad
More vegetarian side dishes
Looking for more vegetarian side dish ideas? Don't miss to check the following links:
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Garlic butter mushroom
- 500 grams button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes adjust as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- 1.5 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro/ parsley
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice adjust as per taste
- Clean the mushrooms and put in a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and toss well until all the mushrooms get evenly coated.
- Grease a baking tray with some olive oil. Spread the mushrooms on it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 15-20 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
- Add some more fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- Don't discard the liquid collected in the baking tray after baking. Pour it over the mushrooms while serving.
- If your mushrooms are too big, you can also them in half.
- The baking time may vary depending upon the size of mushrooms.
- Vegans may skip the butter and use only olive oil in the recipe. Or, vegan butter can be used too.