Pan fried banana is a very easy and tasty recipe that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready within 10 minutes. When served with a dessert or breakfast, it makes everything taste yummier. You can also enjoy it as a snack.
As I mentioned in some other posts too, I am not a big fan of cooked fruits. I prefer to eat them raw and fresh. However, there is one exception to that - banana.
I love cooked bananas more than eating them raw. One reason could be that it's not a juicy fruit so doesn't lose its freshness on getting cooked. The other reason is that it tastes sweeter when cooked.
That's the reason most of the recipes where I have cooked fruits are banana desserts.
Today I am sharing a very simple pan-fried banana that needs only 4 basic ingredients and gets ready in under 15 minutes.
And, it's so easy to make that even kids can make it.
Ingredients required to make pan-fried bananas
To make pan-fried bananas, you need the following ingredients:
- Sugar: You may also use honey, maple syrup, agave syrup, coconut sugar, palm sugar, or powdered jaggery.
- Butter: Vegans may use coconut oil or any plant-based butter.
- Bananas: Don't use overripe bananas in this recipe as they will be too mushy for this recipe.
How to make (step-by-step instructions)?
Step 1: Peel and slice bananas into ½ inch slices.
Step 2: Melt butter in a pan.
Step 3: Add sugar.
Step 4: Stir for a few seconds until the sugar starts melting.
Step 5: Add ground cinnamon.
Step 6: Saute for a few more seconds.
Step 7: Spread banana slices on top of cinnamon butter. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom side of the banana slices starts turning brown.
Step 8: Flip the banana slices and cook the other side too they start turning brown.
Your quick and easy pan-fried bananas are ready to be enjoyed.
You can enjoy these fried bananas as a quick snack or just serve them with other desserts and breakfast dishes to make them tastier.
Some of my favorite ways of enjoying pan-fried bananas are with:
- Banana chia seeds pudding
- Ice cream
- Plain yogurt
- Whipped cream
- French toast
Recipe tips and tricks
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish. If you use an overripe banana, it will turn mushy.
- Vegans may replace butter with coconut oil, vegan butter, or a neutral-flavored oil.
- Instead of white sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or honey can be used too.
- Nutmeg powder or vanilla extract can also be added to flavor this banana dessert.
- Fry the bananas on a low flame otherwise the butter will get burned and the caramel will turn very hard too.
- Flip the banana slices after 3-4 minutes only and handle gently.
More easy banana dessert recipes
If you love banana desserts too then don't miss trying the following recipes from my blog:
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Pan fried banana
- Frying pan or skillet
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp sugar you can replace sugar with honey
- Peel and cut bananas into around ½ inch pieces.
- Heat a pan and add butter. Once the butter starts melting, add sugar. Stir for a few seconds and then add cinnamon. Stir for a few more seconds.
- Place banana slices on top of cinnamon butter and cook for around 4-5 minutes or until the bottom side gets caramelised.
- Flip them over and let the other side get caramelised too.
- Serve warm with ice cream, yogurt, pancakes or oats.
- Use ripe but firm bananas to make this dish otherwise it will turn mushy.
- Handle the bananas gently while cooking.
- You may also use other ingredients like nutmeg or vanilla to flavor these bananas.
- More recipe tips and tricks are shared in the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.
makes me never want to eat plain bananas again. i wonder how they would taste in banana pudding or bread?
Loved it... Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
Thank you 🙂