Roasted tomato and red pepper soup is a delicious, thick soup with a nice smoky flavor. A bowl of this easy to make and comforting vegan soup is all you need to unwind your day.
There can be nothing more comforting and satisfying than a bowl of delicious soup. And, if it has all your favorite ingredients then there could be nothing better than that.
Like today’s recipe – Roasted tomato and red bell pepper soup. I love tomatoes, I love bell peppers, and I also love dishes that have a smoky flavor. No doubt, I love this soup. If you also love all these things then you must try this vegan tomato soup recipe.
If you follow my recipes then you must be aware that I love simple, uncomplicated recipes that don’t need hours of my day. I prefer making quick, easy but tasty dishes.
The only step that needs time is baking the vegetables. But, that step also doesn’t require you to stand in the kitchen. You can enjoy your favorite book, TV show, or a drink while the vegetables get roasted.
Once that step is complete, just put everything in a blender and cook for 4-5 minutes. That’s how simple this recipe is.
Ingredients required to make roasted tomato and pepper soup
To make this vegan tomato soup you need only a handful of basic ingredients:
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Vegetable stock
- Dried/ fresh basil
- Dried/ fresh thyme
For garnishing, you can choose whatever you like. My favorite garnishing for every type of tomato soup is crouton. Other than that I have also used slightly toasted black seeds and chopped coriander leaves as that’s my favorite herb. You can use your favorite herbs like basil, parsley, etc.
How to store?
This bell pepper and tomato soup freezes well so if you want to store it for colder days just put them in freezer-proof jars and freeze. It will be fine for 4-5 months.
Instead of putting the whole soup in one large container, it’s better to put it in separate smaller jars so that you heat only the amount you need to consume.
Tips & Tricks
- Cut small pieces of vegetables, it will reduce the baking time.
- Depending upon how charred you want your vegetables to be, increase or decrease the baking time.
- Don’t remove the charred skin, it gives a very nice smoky flavor to the soup.
- If you prefer spicy food, add chili flakes or chopped red chili pepper to the blender, while blending other vegetables.
- You may change the herbs for seasoning depending upon your taste preference. Even fresh herbs can be used.
More easy tomato recipes
If you love tomatoes and looking for easy tomato recipe then you must check my following easy tomato recipes:
- Vietnamese tofu in tomato sauce
- Vegan muffins with tomato, corn, and caramelized onions
- Coriander tomato chutney
- Bengali tomato chutney
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Roasted tomato and red pepper soup?
Roasted tomato and red pepper soup
- 5 tomatoes medium-sized
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion medium sized
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 0.5 teaspoon dried basil
- 0.25 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
Ingredients for garnishing (optional)
- Chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- Toasted nigella seeds
- Remove the seeds of bell pepper and roughly chop. Chop the tomatoes and onion too. Peel the garlic cloves.
- Place the chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and garlic cloves on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 40 minutes at 200°C or until the vegetables are roasted and slightly charred.
- Once done, take out the vegetables and allow to reach room temperature.
- Put the roasted vegetables, basil, and thyme in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables paste to a pot. Add vegetable stock and cook for 3-4 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with croutons, fresh herbs of your choice, and nigella seeds. Enjoy!
- The baking duration may vary depending upon various factors like capacity of the oven, type of oven used, quality of ingredients, and climate of the place where cooking is done. So, keep an eye on the vegetables after 35 minutes and bake until they get roasted and slightly charred too.
- Instead of dried basil and thyme, fresh herbs can be used too.
- To add a little heat to the soup, put some chili flakes in the blender.