This recipe of vegan stir-fried mushrooms is very easy to make and gets ready within 20 minutes. A flavorful Thai dish that can be served both as a side dish and a starter.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stir-fries, especially Asian stir-fried dishes are one of my favorite things to eat. Strangely, I just realized that I have not covered enough of them on my blog. So from now onwards I will try to cover more of such recipes on my blog.
If you also like Asian stir-fries then don’t miss to check my recipe for stir-fried tofu with sprouts and veggies.
Today I am sharing another very easy and tasty Vegan stir-fried mushroom recipe made in Thai style. This recipe gets ready within 20 minutes and tastes awesome.
In this recipe, mushrooms are stir-fried with some very flavorful Thai ingredients like galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass. The dish is topped with fried cashews which add a crunch to it.
It’s one of those recipes which I make on busy days. Just keep some rice or noodles to boil on one side, and on the other side quickly make this dish. Your nutritious, tasty, home-made meal will be ready within minutes. Even the food ordered from outside will take more time to get delivered.
- Here I have used button mushrooms, you can use any variety you like. Even a combination of different mushrooms taste amazing in this dish.
- Instead of cashew nuts, you can also use roasted peanuts.
- If you don’t have kaffir lime leaves, galangal, and lemongrass, use around 1-2 tablespoons of ready-made Thai curry paste.
- You can also make stir-fried eggplants, stir-fried broccoli, or stir-fried tofu in Thai style following this recipe.
How to serve Thai Mushrooms
This vegan mushroom dish tastes best with some steamed/ fried rice or noodles.
It can also be served as a starter.
More vegan mushroom recipes to try
If you also love mushrooms and looking for some easy mushroom recipe ideas then don’t miss to check the following recipes on this blog:
- Kerala style pepper mushrooms
- Matar mushroom
- Mushroom Tom Yum Soup
- Orzo with mushroom and green peas
- Vegan baozi
- Vegan mushroom soup
More vegan Thai recipes
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
How to make stir-fried mushrooms in Thai style
Stir-fried mushrooms-Thai style
- 3 cups chopped button mushrooms
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced into medium-sized square pieces
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced into medium-sized square pieces
- 1 medium-sized onion diced into medium-sized square pieces
- 3 stalks chopped spring onion keep white and green part separate
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp grated garlic
- 1/2 tbsp grated galangal
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice optional
- 2-3 dried whole red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cashew nuts and fry till they turn light brown. Take out on a plate and keep aside.
- Add dried chilies to the same pan and saute for a few seconds.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, and galangal. Saute for around a minute or till they become fragrant.
- Next, add the diced onion and spring onion white part. Stir fry till they become translucent.
- Crush the kaffir lime leaves and lemon stalk with your hands or by using a mortar and pestle and add to the pan. Don't make small pieces of leaves and stalk as they will be removed from the dish later. Saute for a few seconds and then add the mushrooms
- Saute the mushrooms till their moisture gets evaporated.
- Next, add the bell peppers and stir fry for around 3-4minutes on high flame.
- Mix soya sauce, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a bowl and add to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the spring onion greens, stir fry for about a minute and then switch off the gas. Remove the kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass stalk from the pan.
- Finally, add fried cashew nuts and mix.
- Squeeze in fresh lime juice and serve.
- You can use any type of mushroom in this dish.
- Instead of cashewnuts, peanuts can also be used in the recipe.