This Vegetarian avocado sandwich with mung bean sprouts is a delicious and nutritious sandwich recipe. A must-try recipe if you are looking for healthy breakfast options that are also easy to make. They perfect to be eaten at any time of the day.
Growing up in India, I never got the chance to taste avocado. Though now it’s available in a lot of stores and not very expensive too, until the last few years it was either not available in the market or was unaffordable for most of the people. So, my first tryst with avocado was after shifting to Dubai, unfortunately, it was terrible.
The first time I tried it was in an avocado shake, not a great idea as I am not a big fan of milk too. That shake tasted like one very bad medicine which I took as a child so I hated the shake too.
It was so bad that I couldn’t drink more than two sips (the second sip was also taken to give it a benefit of doubt). It left a very bad impression of avocado on me and I didn’t try it again for almost two years.
A few months back I thought of giving another chance to this ingredient as it was hard to ignore so many positive things said about it, all over the internet.
So I started searching for easy avocado recipes as I didn’t want to put in too much effort in preparing a dish when I was not sure about the final output.
Finally, I came up with my own recipe- vegetarian avocado and sprouts sandwich which was so good that I make it in every 10-15 days. Amit also loves it. Today I am sharing the recipe for this sandwich with you all.
Lesson learned – No ingredient is bad, you should know how to use it perfectly.
Ingredients needed and variation suggestions
- Bread: I have normal brown bread here. You can use any bread of your choice like white bread, multi-grain, or whole wheat. Instead of making a sandwich, you can also put this stuffing on a crisp toast.
- Spread: The spread which I have used is eggless mayonnaise which I bought from India but you can use any spread of your choice like Tahini, hummus, mint chutney, muhammara, mango chutney, etc. Just by changing the spread, this sandwich can become vegan.
- Stuffing: In the stuffing, I have used mashed avocado, home-made mung bean sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, coriander leaves, garlic, lemon juice, green chilies, salt, and pepper. You can use store-bought sprouts of any kind. To bring more variations you can also use boiled sweet corns, bell pepper, onion, parsley, dill, etc.
More ways to add sprouts to your diet
I love sprouts and like most of the Indians prefer making them at home. If you are looking for ideas to add sprouts to your diet don’t miss to check the following recipes on my blog:
Easy vegan Breakfast Ideas
If you too struggle to decide what to make every morning then the following quick and easy vegan breakfast recipes might help you:
- Vegan Carrot cake oatmeal
- Bread poha
- Besan Chilla
- Kale and potato sandwich
- Easy homemade granola
- Vegetable paniyaram
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Vegetarian avocado sandwich with sprouts?
Mung Bean sprouts and avocado sandwich
- 8 slices bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 tablespoons mung bean sprouts
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Peel avocado and mash or finely chop the pulp. Add tomato, cucumber, sprouts, green chilies, coriander leaves, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Slightly toast the bread slices. Apply mayonnaise on every bread slice. Put the avocado mix on top of one slice and cover it with the other. Gently press. Similarly, make all the remaining sandwiches.
- Enjoy this healthy breakfast with a cup of tea, juice or any other drink of your choice.
- This sandwich can easily be made vegan just by replacing mayonnaise with a vegan spread.