This easy vegan chocolate cake recipe is one of the best vegan cake recipes, especially for beginners. It’s delicious, easy to make, hassle-free, and quick chocolate cake.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
There are a few dishes that can be considered a global favorite and Chocolate cake easily falls in that category.
One slice of a nice, rich, and moist chocolate cake can make anyone happy.
Today I am sharing a very easy vegan chocolate cake recipe which is the best and simplest Chocolate cake recipe you will ever find.
As I keep mentioning in my baking posts, I am not a baker, and baking is not my expertise. So, if you see a baking recipe on my site, assume that it's one of the simplest baking recipes that anyone can make without fail.
Why is it the Best Vegan Chocolate Cake?
- Tastes delicious; hard to guess that it’s eggless and dairy-free
- Is super moist
- A very quick recipe with easy steps
- Doesn’t need any fancy/ expensive vegan ingredients
- Comes out perfect every time
- It is so simple and easy to make that even if you have never baked anything before, you will be able to make it successfully.
Interesting facts about the chocolate cake
- 27th January is celebrated as the National chocolate cake day in the US.
- Until the late 18th century, chocolate was a luxury limited to the riches. It was mainly used in chocolate drinks, glaze, and fillings. The initial chocolate cakes were made by American chefs who started adding cocoa powder to the cake batter.
- The German chocolate cake is not German but is named after the English-American chocolatier -Samuel German.
More easy vegan baking recipes
If you want to try more easy vegan baking recipes then don't miss to check the following links:
- Vegan orange cake with candied orange peel
- Vegan Cinnamon rolls
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- Easy Snickerdoodle cookies
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Easy vegan chocolate cake
Ingredients for cake
- 1 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder (instant coffee)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup canola oil or any other oil with a neutral taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Ingredients for the glaze
- ½ cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter/ margarine Non vegans may use the same amount of regular butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Vegan chocolate cake
- Put water and coffee in a pot and boil for around 3-4 minutes. Switch off the stove and allow the coffee to become warm.
- In the meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients of the cake in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl mix warm coffee, vanilla extract, oil, and vinegar.
- Now add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to get a smooth cake batter. Don’t overbeat, just mix until the batter becomes lump-free.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and pour the batter into it. Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 30 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until it clears the toothpick test.
- Once ready, take out the baking pan and place it on a cooling rack. Let it reach room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients of glaze in a saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and cook for around 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until it becomes smooth. Switch off the stove but continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour it over the unmolded cake and smoothen with a spatula. Let the glaze set before serving.