Easy homemade vegan Snickerdoodle cookies – soft, chewy, and delicious. These simple cinnamon sugar cookies get ready within 20 minutes and anyone can make them easily.
I am not a baker, so if you find any baking recipe on my blog- assume that even a child can make it without fail. I really admire the bakers who make all the fancy cakes, and other baked desserts and wish to do that one day. But, right now I am just happy baking the few simplest recipes I know.
The holiday season is here. After September, the internet gets filled with back to back festival recipes from all over the world and it becomes such a happy place.
Today, I am sharing a cookie recipe to celebrate this season – Vegan snickerdoodle cookies.
What are snickerdoodle cookies
Snickerdoodle cookies are very tasty soft and chewy cookies rolled in sugar and cinnamon powder. Though very popular in the US, they are believed to be originated in Germany.
Many people say that the word snicker comes from the German word- Schnecke, or the Dutch word-Snekrad, both of which mean snail. However, the real source of the name is not confirmed.
Tips for the ingredients used in vegan snickerdoodle cookies dough
- Cream of tartar/ baking soda? A lot of people recommend using cream of tartar in these sugar cookies. I have tried it both ways – with and without cream of tartar and didn’t find much difference. Also, it’s not easy to find the cream of tartar everywhere so I generally make it with baking powder and baking soda. However, if you have the cream of tartar, you can use it in the recipe.
- If you are not a vegan and want to follow this recipe, just replace vegan butter with normal butter and plant-based milk with normal milk. The quantity will remain the same.
- I have used vegan butter in this recipe, but if you want to make snickerdoodles with coconut oil, use refined coconut oil.
Once you start making these delicious chewy eggless and dairy-free snickerdoodles at home, you will never think of buying them from the market again.
More easy vegan baking recipes
- Vegan orange cake with candied orange peel
- Vegan Cinnamon rolls
- Peanut butter cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Chocolate and Coffee Cookies
- Healthy oatmeal cookies
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make vegan snickerdoodle cookies?
Easy vegan snickerdoodle cookies
Ingredients for the snickerdoodle dough
Ingredients for rolling
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a bowl mix sugar and butter nicely for around 1-2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla extract, mix again.
- In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients of the dough. Add to the wet ingredients and make a dough.
- Take small equal-sized portions of the dough and roll between your palms to form smooth balls.
- Mix the cinnamon powder and sugar in a bowl and roll the dough balls in this cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake the balls in a pre-heated oven at 180°C or 370°F for around 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven, put on a cooling tray and enjoy once they reach room temperature.