Vegan strawberry muffins packed with juicy strawberries are very easy to make and taste delicious. They can be served for breakfast or enjoyed as a tea time snack.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
Around 10 days back I went for my grocery shopping. As usual, I bought a lot of unplanned things just because they were on good deals. Despite having studied all the tricks of throwing bait for customers, in the management school, I often see myself taking the bait.
So that day the fruit section of my fridge got stuffed with strawberries. Unfortunately, the very next there was a sudden temperature drop in Dubai which continued for the next few days and I caught a cold.
The strawberries stayed ignored and unattended in the fridge.
Fortunately, I recovered before they were rotten but I didn't have much time to finish them off. So, I left only one box in the fridge and froze the remaining strawberries. And, in the next few weeks, we enjoyed a lot of strawberry recipes.
Today, I am sharing one of my favorite strawberry recipes- Vegan strawberry muffins. They are very easy to make and I am sure you too will fall in love with these delicious muffins stuffed with juicy strawberries.
In fact, I am enjoying them even now while writing this blog post with a cup of Karak chai to soothe my sour throat.
Recipe tips & tricks
- It's best to use fresh strawberries in this recipe. However, if you are using frozen strawberries, first thaw them and then pat dry with a paper kitchen towel to remove the excess water.
- Adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste. You can also use a healthier version of your choice to make these muffins.
- You can also replace oil with an equal amount of apple sauce.
- Instead of canola oil, refined coconut oil can also be used.
- The baking time may vary depending upon the type of oven, quality of ingredients, weather, and altitude of place where you are baking so, keep an eye on the muffins after 20 minutes. Bake until they clear the toothpick test.
More easy vegan baking recipes
If you are new at vegan baking and not sure from where to start then don't miss to check the following very easy baking recipes:
- Vegan chocolate cake
- Double chocolate banana bread
- Easy banana muffins
- Chocolate coffee cookies
- Snickerdoodle cookies
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
More easy strawberry recipes
Looking for more easy strawberry recipes? Do check the following recipe links:
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- 1.5 cups chopped strawberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup soya milk non-vegans may use an equal amount of normal milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar adjust as per taste
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix milk, apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add all the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- When the dry ingredients are nicely mixed, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Put the batter in muffin molds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for around 22-25 minutes or until they clear the toothpick test.
- Once done, take out the tray and allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Using fresh strawberries is recommended for this recipe. However, if using frozen thaw them and then pat dry with a paper kitchen napkin before adding to the batter.
- Oil can be replaced with an equal amount of apple sauce.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending upon your taste.
Should this really be baked at 180??
Yes, Kirstie. I baked it at 180 degrees Celcius for approximately 25 minutes. Are you facing any challenge?