Vegan strawberry muffins are super delicious and very easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or just enjoy these sweet treats with your tea and coffee.
Around 10 days back I went for my grocery shopping and as usual, bought lots of unplanned things just because they were on good deals. Despite having studied all the tricks of throwing bait for customers, in the management school, I often see myself taking the bait, standing on the other side as a customer.
So that day the fruit section of my fridge got stuffed with strawberries. Unfortunately, the very next there was a sudden temperature drop in Dubai which continued for the next few days and I caught cold. The strawberries stayed ignored and unattended in the fridge.
Now that I have almost recovered from my cough and cold, my hunt for warm strawberry recipes has started.
I came across a perfect vegan strawberry muffins recipe on Pinterest and since the recipe was really simple, I tried it immediately and now have got addicted to these simple yet delicious sweet treats.
These strawberry muffins are really good. In fact, I am enjoying them even now while writing this blog post with a cup of Karak chai to soothe my throat.
If you also have some strawberry recipes, please share with me. I want to finish off the strawberries in my fridge.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Vegan Strawberry Muffins?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes around 10 muffins
- Soy milk: 1 cup (if you are not a vegan, you can use normal dairy milk)
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour: 2 cups
- Baking powder: 2 & ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ a teaspoon
- Granulated sugar: ½ a cup+ 2 tablespoons
- Canola oil: ¼ a cup + 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Chopped strawberries: 1 & ½ cup
- Add apple cider vinegar to the soy milk and let it curdle.
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl mix granulated sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add in the curdled soy milk and mix.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- When the dry ingredients are mixed, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Put the muffin batter in muffin moulds and put in a preheated oven.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for around 30 minutes.
- Once done, take out the tray and allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack.