Strawberry banana smoothie- a deliciously creamy, refreshing, and healthy smoothie recipe for you to enjoy this summer. It needs just 4 ingredients and gets ready 5 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
I am a morning person and don't struggle to wake up early. I don't even need to set an alarm for that.
However, if you struggle to do that try planning to do something interesting in the morning which can motivate you to wake up early. Like going for a walk, reading your favorite book, journaling, enjoying your favorite drink in peace, or having a delicious breakfast.
The recipe which I am sharing today- vegan strawberry banana smoothie is one such breakfast recipe that is so refreshingly delicious, nutritious, and filling that you will wait to get up in the morning and enjoy a glass of it.
The best thing is that it needs only 4 ingredients and gets ready in 5 minutes so instead of spending hours in the kitchen preparing your breakfast you can utilize your morning hours doing something more productive.
What goes in vegan strawberry banana smoothie?
To make strawberry banana smoothie in a healthy way only the following 4 ingredients are needed:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen bananas
- Almond milk/ any other milk of your choice
- Chia seeds (optional)
How to make?
Making this strawberry banana smoothie is very easy. Just put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses, garnish with your favorite toppings like chopped strawberry, banana, nuts, or seeds.
Is smoothie and milkshake the same?
No, smoothie and milkshake are not the same.
The key difference between them is that the main ingredient in smoothies is fruit, generally frozen fruit and a liquid like milk/ yogurt/ coconut water is added to blend it.
However the main ingredient of a milkshake is milk/ ice cream and it's flavored with different ingredients like fruits, chocolate, coffee, etc.
Recipe tips and tricks
- If you don't have frozen fruits, use un-frozen ones and add a few ice cubes in the blender while blending.
- Also, if using un-frozen fruits, reduce the amount of milk in the recipe.
- For me, the sweetness of fruits is sufficient in smoothies or sometimes I add a healthy sweetener like 1-2 dates. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie add any sweetener of your choice.
- If you use dates in the smoothie, I would recommend adding Medjool dates.
- In the blender put the liquids first and then add the other ingredients. It will make the blending process easier.
- The banana gives a body to smoothies and makes it creamier. However, it also has an overpowering taste. If you don't like the taste of bananas skip it and add more strawberries. Also, reduce the amount of milk in that case otherwise the smoothie will become runny.
More easy strawberry recipes
If you like strawberries and looking for easy strawberry recipe ideas, don't miss to check the following links:
More fruit smoothies
Looking for some easy smoothie recipes made with fruits? Don't miss to check the following recipes:
If you try any of my recipes, please rate it in the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Strawberry banana smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana ripe/ over-ripe
- 2 cups almond milk/ any milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses. Garnish with chopped strawberries and enjoy!
- All the fruits that I have used in this recipe are frozen that's why I have used a lot of milk. You can use unfrozen banana too. Use less milk in that case.
- Instead of milk coconut water can be used too.
- If you don't have frozen fruits, use unfrozen ones but then add ice cubes to the blender.
- More detailed recipe tips and tricks are given in the post above. Please follow them to make this recipe.