This easy vegan lemon and blueberry muffins recipe is a must-try by every foodie. Bursting with the juices of blueberry and freshness of lemon they are hard to resist.
Who doesn’t love freshly baked muffins that too home-baked? These vegan blueberry muffins are no different. You will instantly fall in love with them. The freshness of these muffins are perfect for this season.
Like all my other baking recipes this too is a very easy and hassle-free recipe. Perfect for beginners.
Blueberries in Dubai are very expensive so whenever I see a good offer on them, I buy in bulk and freeze the berries. From different shows on TV channels like Nat Geo and Discovery, I learned that in North America bears love eating blueberries and consume up to 30,000 berries in a day. In Dubai, we can go bankrupt if develop a bear’s appetite :(.
Tips & Tricks
Though this recipe is already very easy, if you take care of a few basic points you will always get perfect muffins.
- You can use both fresh and frozen blueberries to make them. However, if using frozen, don’t thaw them otherwise the batter will change it’s color when mixed with thawed berries.
- The batter of muffins should be on a thicker side otherwise the berries will settle at the bottom and won’t get distributed properly.
How to store and freeze these vegan lemon and blueberry muffins?
These muffins will remain perfectly fine on the countertop for around 5 days. Just put them in an airtight container lined with paper towels and cover with more paper towels before putting on the lid.
You can also freeze them for around 3 months. Just reheat in a microwave before eating.
More easy vegan baking recipes
If you also love un-complicated, no-brain simple baking recipes then don’t miss to check the following vegan baking recipes on my blog:
- Easy vegan chocolate cake
- Vegan carrot cake
- Vegan strawberry muffins
- Vegan orange cake with candied orange peel
- Vegan chocolate coffee cookies
- Vegan Cinnamon rolls
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Vegan lemon blueberry muffins?
Vegan lemon blueberry muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar adjust as per taste
- 1 cup soy milk you can also use any other plant based milk of your choice.
- 1.5 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Add apple cider vinegar to the soy milk, mix and keep aside for a few minutes.Let the milk curdle.
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl mix granulated sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add the curdled soy milk and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix nicely.
- Finally, add the blueberries and gently fold.
- Put the batter in muffin molds and bake in a pre-heated oven for around 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius.
- Once done, take out the baking tray and allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes. Enjoy!