Vegetarian Greek spaghetti- a refreshing, flavorful recipe perfect for summers. Made with just 11 ingredients, it gets ready in 20 minutes! This easy pasta recipe is a great option for potlucks and picnics.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
As the days have started getting hotter I am spending lesser time in my kitchen. Though I always prefer making quick and simple recipes, during summers I especially try to make recipes that take less than 30 minutes to get ready.
Today's recipe- Vegetarian Greek spaghetti is one of my favorite recipes to cook and enjoy during summer. And, there are two main reasons for this - it gets ready in just 20 minutes and the light, refreshing flavors of this Greek pasta is perfect for the hotter days.
The subtle and fresh combination of lemon, juicy tomatoes, fresh herbs, creamy feta, garlic, olives, and pasta is to die for.
If you also love to eat delicious food but don't like spending hours in the kitchen then this easy Greek spaghetti with feta recipe is just for you.
What goes in vegetarian Greek spaghetti?
To make this easy vegetarian Greek pasta, the following ingredients are required:
- Pasta: I have used spaghetti as it's my favorite pasta but you can use any pasta of your choice to make this dish.
- Olive oil
- Feta: Crumble it or finely chop so that it coats the pasta like sauce.
- Cherry tomatoes: If you don't have cherry tomatoes, take any regular juicy tomato, cut it into large chunks and use in the recipe.
- Olives: Use kalamata olives- pitted and sliced.
- Garlic: I love to make pasta garlicky so have used a lot of it but if you don't like that much garlic, reduce the quantity.
- Lemon: Use both lemon juice and zest for extra freshness.
- Fresh herbs: Parsley and dill are my favorite herbs to use in Greek recipes. You can use either of them or any other fresh herb of your choice.
- Seasoning: I like to mildly season Greek pasta as it makes it taste fresher. So generally, I use only dried basil and salt to season it. You can also add chili flakes, pepper, thyme, or a Greek seasoning blend.
How to make?
Making this Greek style vegetarian spaghetti is very simple. Just follow the following steps:
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Saute until the tomatoes are no longer raw but still firm.
- Add cooked pasta, olives, herbs, and lemon juice. Mix everything and switch off the gas.
- Finally, add feta and mix. Enjoy!
The entire process will take maximum 20 minutes!
What to serve with it?
You can serve this Greek spaghetti with some basic grilled vegetables seasoned with just salt, pepper, and lemon juice. The combination tastes amazing.
It can also be served with toasted bread or garlic bread on the side.
Recipe tips & tricks
- Make sure to cook the pasta al dente. Overcooked pasta will spoil the whole dish.
- You can also add cooked white beans, mushrooms vegetables, spinach, etc to make the dish more flavorful and nutritious.
- Use both lemon and lemon juice for an extra refreshing flavor.
- If you prefer creamier pasta, add some cream cheese or simple cream to this dish.
- I prefer mildly flavored Greek pasta. If you want to make it more flavorful, add more seasoning of your choice.
Step by step photo instructions
More easy vegetarian Greek recipes
If you also love Greek food for it's freshness and looking for some easy vegetarian Greek recipes to try at home then don't miss to check the following recipes:
- Greek white bean salad
- Beet salad with feta
- Greek potato salad
- Fasolada- Greek white bean soup
- Spanakorizo- Greek spinach rice
- Greek yogurt dip- Tzatziki
- Watermelon salad with feta
More vegan and vegetarian pasta recipes:
Looking for more quick and easy pasta recipes? Don't miss to check the following recipes:
- Vegetarian baked pasta
- 20 minutes cream cheese pasta
- Cherry tomato pasta with spinach and mushrooms
- Vegan pasta Bolognese
- Roasted eggplant pasta
If you try any of my recipes, please rate it in the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
- Boil pasta al dente by following the instructions given on its packet.
- While the pasta is cooking heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and saute for around 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt, dried basil, and cook for 2 minutes or until the tomatoes are no longer raw.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan.
- Add parsley, dill, and olives. Toss well until everything gets mixed. Switch off the gas.
- Finally, add feta, mix, and serve.
- Cook pasta al dente, overcooked pasta will spoil the whole dish.
- You can use any type of pasta in this recipe.
- Add lemon zest for extra freshness.
- More detailed recipe tips & tricks are given in the post above. Please follow them to make this dish.