Vegetarian baked pasta is a delicious, hearty, and satisfying pasta recipe. Loaded with vegetables and cheese it's a home-cooked comfort food perfect for meatless meals.
Though I love almost every Pasta dish, the recipe which I am sharing today-Baked vegetable pasta is my favorite. I love it so much that whenever I see someone on TV eating any pasta dish, I start craving this baked pasta.
Though a vegetarian dish even meat-lovers find it very comforting and delicious.
Like most of my other recipes, it's also very easy to make. Perfect for beginners in the kitchen.
What do you need to make it?
- Pasta: Here I have used Rotini but I also like making baked Pasta with different tubular pasta like Penne or Ziti as all the sauce and vegetable juices get inside it, making it even more delicious. Even in Rotini, the sauce gets inside the pasta curls which tastes amazing.
- Vegetables: Choose what's in season and what you prefer in your pasta. I also keep on changing the vegetables depending on the season and what's available in my fridge. Other than what I have used in this recipe, I also like putting different squash, cauliflower, green peas, carrots, etc.
- Sauce: Generally, I use Marinara sauce either home-made or store-bought. If you don't have Marinara, use whichever Pasta sauce you have.
- Cheese: This also depends upon your cheese preference. I like adding only shredded Mozzarella but a combination of different cheese-like Mozzarella and Ricotta or Parmesan can also be used.
Can it be made in advance?
Yes, you can make it in advance and keep in the fridge for around 2 days. It tastes even better the next day. Just reheat before serving.
Step-by-step photo instructions
More Meatless Monday dinner ideas
If you looking for more easy meatless Monday dinner ideas then don't miss to check my following easy vegetarian recipes from around the world:
- Chickpea rice
- Chickpea stuffed butternut squash
- Vegan lasagna soup
- Easy Mexican rice
- Stuffed bell peppers
- Tofu in peanut sauce
- Broccoli and cheese soup
- Vegetable enchilada casserole
- Pumpkin rice casserole
More easy vegan/ vegetarian Pasta recipes
Pasta is generally loved by everyone and if you are looking for more easy vegetarian/ vegan pasta recipes then you must check the following links
- Mushroom Pasta Bolognese
- Vegan pasta with spinach, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes
- Cream cheese pasta
- Vegetarian Greek Pasta
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Baked Vegetable Pasta
- 400 gms uncooked pasta
- 1.5 cups diced bell pepper any color is fine
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced onion
- ½ cup diced mushrooms
- ½ cup diced eggplant
- 3.5 cups marinara sauce home-made/ store-bought
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese adjust as per your liking
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs mix
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Spread all the vegetables on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 15-18 minutes.
- While the vegetables are getting baked, boil salted water in a large pot. Add pasta. Since the pasta will also be baked later, take out 1-2 minutes before it's completely cooked
- In a large bowl mix pasta, vegetables, Italian herbs, marinara sauce, and 1 cup of cheese. Toss well.
- Spread this mixture on a baking dish. Spread the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celcius or until the cheese top gets golden brown patches.
- You may also use different squash, carrots, green peas or whichever vegetable is available in the season.
- Instead of using only mozzarella, a combination of different cheese can also be used in this dish.