These healthy pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious. They are refined sugar-free, flour-free, and dairy-free. Enjoy these cookies as a healthy dessert or an on the go healthy breakfast that you can make ahead.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The days have started to become cozier and so do the dishes coming out of our kitchen. Today I am sharing the recipe of one such dish which is perfect for the season - a delicious and healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookie flavored with warm spices.
These vegan pumpkin cookies are soft and have a chewy texture - something like baked oatmeal. They are refined sugar-free, flour-free, and dairy-free. So if you want to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way then these cookies are for you.
And, if like me you also struggle to decide what to make every morning- something that's easy & quick (make ahead is even better), nutritious, and yet taste delicious then this recipe is perfect for you. Just like my
They can even be packed for school, college or, office snacking.
Ingredients required and substitute suggestions
To make these easy pumpkin cookies you need the following ingredients:
- Rolled oats: You can use any other type of oats too but the texture will be different in each case and the baking time may vary too.
- Peanut butter: Feel free to use any nut butter of your choice
- Coconut oil: If you don't like the taste of coconut, use refined coconut oil. Apple sauce or ripe banana can be used too.
- Sweetener: Use honey/ maple syrup/ agave syrup whichever sweetener you prefer.
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin puree Home-made/ canned both are fine
- Salt: To balance all the flavors
- Pumpkin pie spice: Homemade/ store-bought.
- Chocolate chips: If vegan use dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pepitas: You can also use any other nut or seed of your choice. Dried fruits and berries can be used too.
How to store
Put these pumpkin oatmeal cookies in airtight containers and store them in the fridge. They will be fine for 4-5 days.
To store for a longer period, put pieces of parchment sheets between cookies to separate them from each other and then keep in a freezer-safe container. They will be fine for 3- 4 months
More easy pumpkin recipes
Looking for easy pumpkin recipes to try this fall? Don't miss to check the following recipes:
- Roasted pumpkin soup (vegan)
- Pumpkin pie oatmeal (vegan)
- Healthy quinoa recipe with roasted pumpkin (vegan)
- Pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins (vegan)
- Pumpkin cream cheese puffs (vegetarian)
Some more vegan cookie recipes
Home-baked cookies with a cup of your favorite hot beverage- who doesn't love that? If you too love munching on cookies then do try the following vegan cookie recipes:
- Chocolate coffee cookies
- Pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- Vegan snickerdoodle cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Healthy oatmeal cookies
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- Put the oats, salt, and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Mix.
- In another bowl mix pumpkin puree, coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until no dry ingredient is left at the bottom.
- Finally, add the pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. Gently fold into the mixture.
- Scoop out equal portions of the cookie batter on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Slightly flatten the cookies with your hands.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for around 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start turning golden brown.
- Once done, take out the baking tray and put on a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to reach temperature and then enjoy!
- Any type of oats can be used to make these cookies but their texture will be different and the baking time may vary too.
- The baking time may vary in different ovens so bake until the cookie edges start turning brown and the center is cooked too.