These easy peanut butter cookies are soft, crumbly, and have a rich caramel taste that is loved by everyone. Try these vegan cookies at least once, I am sure they will become your favorite cookies, especially if you like peanut butter.
I am obsessed with peanut butter and can never have enough of it. Give me a simple peanut butter toast every single morning and I won’t complain.
That’s the reason, I keep on using peanut butter in a lot of my recipes. If you want to check those recipes, I have shared their links later on in this post.
Today I am sharing my favorite cookie recipe- Easy peanut butter cookies.
They are very easy to make, vegan, and are very tasty. These peanut butter cookies are soft and crumbly so if you prefer crispy cookies then this recipe might not be suitable for you. I prefer soft, chewy cookies so love these.
One thing which makes it different from all the other peanut butter cookies recipes is their delicious rich caramel taste which comes from dark brown sugar. It also gives it a nice dark brown color which is different from the color of other peanut butter cookies.
Earlier I used to make these cookies with white or light brown sugar but one day I was craving peanut butter cookies but had only dark brown sugar in my pantry so I used it. I have tried a lot of different peanut butter cookies recipes but once I tasted these, I stopped experimenting more- they are so delicious.
If you don’t like the taste of dark brown sugar, use light brown or white granulated sugar.
Ingredients required to make easy peanut butter cookies
To make these cookies you need the following basic ingredients, which I am sure will be available in every kitchen almost every time:
- Peanut butter: Un-salted and un-sweetened. If salt and sugar are already there in your peanut butter then skip adding more salt and reduce the quantity of sugar given in the recipe, to suit your taste.
- All-purpose flour
- Dark brown sugar: Light brown sugar/ granulated white sugar can be used too.
- Dairy-free milk
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
Tip and Tricks
- Use a fresh jar of peanut butter. The old jar has less oil content so the cookies may turn very dry.
- Microwave the peanut butter and sugar for around 30 seconds and then allow the mixture to reach room temperature before adding the other ingredients. This will soften the peanut butter which will make mixing the ingredients very easy.
- You can also add dairy-free chocolate chips to the dough. In that case, you can reduce the amount of sugar otherwise the cookies will become very sweet.
- To add a crunch you may sprinkle crushed peanuts/ any other nut on top of the cookies before baking.
How to store peanut butter cookies?
Put these vegan peanut butter cookies in an airtight jar. They will be fine for around 10 days.
To freeze, put pieces of a baking sheet between cookies to separate them. Put in a freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months.
More easy peanut butter recipes
If you are also obsessed with peanut butter and want to use it in your recipes then don’t miss to check my following recipes using peanut butter:
- Easy peanut butter ramen
- Tofu in peanut sauce
- Thai cabbage salad
- Easy date energy balls with chocolate and peanut butter
More easy vegan cookie recipes
Looking for more vegan cookie recipe ideas? The following recipes are just for you:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
Easy peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter un-sweetened and un-salted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar/ coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp any plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter and sugar. Mix until the sugar gets dissolved and the mixture becomes creamy. To fasten the process put in the microwave for 30 seconds, mix, and then allow to reach room temperature before adding the other ingredients.
- Add milk and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Next, add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix using your hands to make a dough.
- Take equal-sized portions of the dough. Roll between your palms to form a ball and then slightly flatten. Put on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Press with the back of a fork to make a criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake at 180°C for 12- 15 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown. Small cookies will be ready in 10-12 minutes.