These vegan banana muffins are fluffy, moist, and delicious. Made with just a few basic ingredients, this easy muffins recipe is perfect for beginners.
Though even in normal days I am strictly against wasting food, the current global crisis of COVID-19 has made me more conscious of effectively using whatever is available in my kitchen. These days I am trying to cook only with minimum and easily available ingredients.
Today I am sharing a very easy and tasty vegan recipe which you can make with pantry staples. The recipe is of vegan banana muffins which are loved by everyone in my family. The recipe is so simple that even baking beginners and kids can make them easily.
Type of banana to use in making vegan banana muffins
This vegan muffin turns out best if you use overripe bananas, the ones with brown skin. Personally, I cannot eat overripe bananas which are too soft to touch so this is my favorite way of finishing them off. If you have bought too many bananas in your panic shopping and now don’t know what to do with them try this recipe.
Frozen bananas can also be used in this recipe. However, since after thawing they will release extra moisture either wipe it off with a tissue paper or adjust the quantity of milk to get the right consistency of the batter.
- Instead of walnuts, you can use any other dry fruit or berries of your choice. A combination of dry fruits, berries, and nuts will make them yummier
- If you love chocolate, add chocolate chips to the batter. You can also add cocoa powder to it
- Add a few tablespoons of peanut butter to the batter to make banana peanut butter muffins. You can also add chopped roasted peanuts to add a crunch
More easy vegan baking recipes
Looking for some delicious and easy vegan baking recipes? Don’t miss to check the following recipes on my site:
- Vegan chocolate cake
- Cinnamon rolls
- Lemon blueberry muffins
- Orange cake
- Chocochip cookies
- Chocolate and coffee cookies
- Snickerdoodle cookies
Easy recipes with pantry staples
Are you also struggling with ideas to cook with pantry staples? You may find the following recipes useful:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
Easy Vegan Banana Muffins recipe
Vegan banana muffins recipe
- 2 large ripe banana
- 2 + 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar adjust as per taste
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Peel and mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add milk, oil, sugar, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix them with the help of a large spoon. Don't over mix.
- Add chopped walnuts and fold into the batter.
- Put the batter in muffin molds. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 23-25 minutes at 200°C.
- Once done take out the muffins and allow to cool on a cooling tray for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Use overripe bananas in this recipe for the best result.